The Internal Audit Services that Makwande offers is in line with the key areas as identified by the definition of Internal Auditing. Our main objective is to add value to your organization, leaving your controls intact and giving recommendations that will help minimise your costs and maximise your bottom line. Some of our activities will be carried out using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques and appropriate audit software.
The definition states;
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organisation's operations. It helps an organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Our Internal Audit function carries its scope from the mandate given by management of your organization. Our key performance areas include:
- Identifying, evaluating, prioritising and documenting business risks and opportunities for operating units and updating respective risk profiles
- Perform audit planning for assigned projects
- Identify and document systems
- Review adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in the systems
- Preparation of audit reports on the findings
- Testing compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Perform and check, reconciliation, comparisons and verification of transactions
- Prepare working papers and documenting procedures followed
- Monitor the implementation and adherence to audit recommendations
- Perform any related duties as requested by management